Al-Noor School Uniform
Our school uniform is strictly compulsory. School uniform serves an importance purpose in any school. It emphasises the coming together for a common purpose, unity and the full, equal worth of each pupil. Diverging from school uniform can imply a lack of cohesion and sharing of values. All partners in our school are strongly bonded together by the school’s values, vision and ethos.
Almost all uniform garments must be purchased only from the school’s official uniform supplier, Fashion stop.
- School logo embroidered pinafore R-yr4, ankle length skirt yrs 5&6 (optional)
- School trousers
- long-sleeved white shirt
- School logo embroidered cardigan
- white socks, black shoes
- School logo embroidered navy hijab (logo) (optional at KS1)
- School logo embroidered blazer, yrs 5 &6 (logo)
- long-sleeved white shirt
- School logo embroidered long-sleeved v neck jumper
- socks and black shoes
- School logo embroidered tie KS2
- School logo embroidered blazer yrs 5 &6
PE Uniform – girls and boys
- School logo embroidered school polo-shirt
- School logo embroidered school sweatshirt
- School logo embroidered school jogging bottoms
- Socks and plain black plimsolls
School book bags and PE bags with the school logo are also required. Lunch Boxes, additional school bags and coats can be bought from other retailers and must not be decorated with images of people or animals.
Nail Varnish and make up
The wearing of nail varnish and make up by pupils is strictly prohibited.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery at school. The exceptions to this rule are ‘stud’ earrings for girls who have pierced ears. We ask children to remove these during PE lessons, or cover them with a plaster to prevent them from causing injury.
The school requires that pupils are smartly dressed and groomed. ‘Extreme’ haircuts and styles are not permitted. The school leaves the judgement of what constitutes an extreme haircut to the discretion of the head teacher.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles or high heels, so we do not allow children to wear such shoes in our school. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers to school; this is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport or for leisurewear but is not in keeping with the smart appearance required by the school’s uniform. We oblige all children to wear shoes as stated in the uniform list. All shoes must have non-marking soles to prevent damage to school carpets and floor coverings.
School Uniform during Colder Weather
During the winter, or whenever the weather is colder, pupils can wear the following garments under the standard school uniform to keep warm:
- Under shirts: plain, collar-less, white, long or short-sleeved tops or thermal tops;
- Under trousers: plain, navy trousers, pyjamas or thermal leggings (which can be white or grey).